Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Book Review
My new favorite telepathic cocktail waitress is back for another mysterious adventure (yeah I know the book was written in 2002 but give me a break I'm just now reading it). Living Dead in Dallas gives a little more incite into political vampire world. Sookie and the Vampire Bill have been invited to Dallas (urr rather forceably). The Dallas Viking Vampire Eric (yumm) needs Sookie's mind reading ability. Sookie feels obligated to help Eric (did I say, yumm?)as he has recently saved her after an encounter with a very menacing creature that has given her a poisonous thrashing (a maenad). (Although said encounter was all Eric's fault!) So off to Dallas she and Bill go.
Unfortunately Sookie has another case of bad luck and meets a very scary group of religious zealots and a determined suicidal vampire. To complicate life even more, before she leaves she finds one of her co-workers toes up in the back of a police car. Sookie's knew life will never be simple now that she's dating the vampire Bill, but she never expected such calamity.

I must say I wasn't very impressed with the first book but was left curious so decided to read on. The second was more suspenseful so Charlaine Harris has suckered (oops,pun!) me to read the next and probably the next...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home