Tuesday, September 05, 2006
What I'm reading now.


I'm reading New Moon. This is the second book of a series written by Stephenie Meyer. I absolutely loved, loved, loved the first book, Twilight. (I really hate to gush like that!) Twilight lulls you into believing it's very much a human story even though some of the characters are vampires. The story is very slow paced but I listened to it while I was moving so I didn't mind. Twilight's new kid in school premise takes a turn when Bella, the narrator finds that her school is inhabited by strange enigmatic vampires. The story is gripping and doesn't let you go until the somewhat bittersweet end. Stephenie's got her work cut out for herself because I don't know if this second book can compete with the first.

One of my favorite moments in Twilight: Softly he brushed my cheek, then held my face between his marble hands. 'Be very still,' he whispered, as if I wasn't already frozen. Slowly, never moving his eyes from mine, he leaned toward me. Then abruptly, but very gently, he rested his cold cheek against the hollow at the base of my throat."


1 Comments:

Blogger Beach Trash Addict said...

Okay to follow up... I wasn't as impressed with New Moon. Bella became so wimpy I couldn't take it. For God sakes Edward left her and she fell into an abyss of depression. So when she welcomes him back with open arms it was so unbelievable my forehead's sore from the palm smacks. So maybe he was as miserable as she was, why stay away so long? This book was overly long and loquacious. I have to say it rates a C.

Post a Comment

<< Home