Monday, October 09, 2006
Inspire me
I had one "those" patients. Yes, one those patients that inspire you. I won't give specifics because I respect her confidentiality. I just wanted to give her the nod, because she has been through so much and still has the most positive attitude. This is the reason to become a nurse, you meet the most amazingly strong people and realize that life is so precious. Sometimes weeks or months go by without meeting one of "those" patients but when I do, it makes me feel that I'm doing the right thing and I'm blessed to have been able to help "those" patients. Not that they really need much help from me, with all the courage and tenacity they have inside them.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to starting nursing school soon. I am very excited and can't wait to have one of those patients. I'd love to pick your brain about your nursing school experience and your profession, if you get a moment you can email me at djnme2000 at gmail dot com.

:) thanks for stopping by.

Post a Comment

<< Home